I can waste time on the interweb...this is one of the many ways I do it...
Sunday March 3, 2013
A few changes this year:
1) All profits and proceeds from this event will be donated to the Davis Phinney Foundation for Parkinson’s.
2) Cash and prizes will be given out for the overall combined times of the TT and HC. I want to reward the riders who are true gluttons for punishment.
3) Juniors under the age of 17 who hold an annual USAC road license will race for free.
4) An Individual TT will start at 1:45 for the hill climb. This will allow people who only have bikes equipped with aerobars to do the race. It is highly encouraged that the juniors also do this event rather than the mass start hill climb.
5) I’ve added a 40+ Masters category
Location: Wawawai Landing - Near Pullman, WA (See Directions Below).
Courses: 20K flat TT, and a hill climb up the Wawawai grade - approximately 11K with 1950+ feet of climbing
Costs: $20 per race. USAC license required to race. One-day license for category 5 men and 4 women is $10 and available at the race. To race in all other categories you must have a USAC annual license ($60), which can be purchased at www.usacycling.org. Online registration will be available as well as on the day of the race.
WSBA (http://www.wsbaracing.com) numbers will be used and sold on site as well. Rental numbers will be available at the race for a $10 rental fee (of which $5 is refundable).
Prizes: Cash and merchandise plus the possibility of bonuses for new records.
Race Day: Registration will open at 9:30 a.m. Registration for the TT will close at 10:30. Registration for the Hill climb will reopen from 12:30-1:30. Online registration will be available at usacycling.com and is preferred. Registration/Parking will be located at Wawawai Landing . Parking will also be at Wawawai Landing. There is NO WATER at the staging area and there is NO Cell phone reception at the staging areas.
Roads are chip-sealed and in fair to good condition.
The 20K TT is flat and it will be an out-and-back. First rider starts at 11:00 a.m.
The ITT hill climb (11K) will start at 1:45. Juniors are highly encouraged to do this event.
The hill climb (11K) will be a mass start race and start at 2:00 p.m.
Awards will be given out to all categories based on the combined times of the two events. You can do only one event, but you will not be eligible for awards. A racer can do only one event and still be eligible for the bonus.
A $50 bonus will be given to the male or female that sets a new course record on the hill climb and/or the TT.
Men: Cat 1/2, Cat 3, Cat 4/5, Masters 40+ (Cat 1-5), Masters 50+ (Cat 1-5)
Women: Cat 1/2/3, Cat 4
Female – TT – Allison Beall – (2010) – 29:45
Male – TT – Michael Emde – (2011) – 27:30
Female – Hill Climb – Jodie Bolt (2012) – 32:20
Male – Hill Climb – Jake MacArthur (2012) – 27:34
From Pullman or Spokane: 195 South. Turn West on WA-194 (west) which will turn into Wawawai-Pullman Road. Turn right on Wawawai Grade road and follow it to Wawawai Landing.
ALL USAC RULES WILL BE ENFORCED!! ALL RIDERS MUST SIGN A WAIVER!! ALL RIDERS MUST WEAR A USAC APPROVED HELMET. USAC PERMIT #pending
Sponsoring clubs: Kryki Sports and G.S. Gap (River City Red). Promoter is Ted Chauvin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Time trial Profile
0K turn-around 20K
Hill climb profile
A few notes:
1) We are using WSBA numbers for the race. Rental numbers will be available for the race at a cost of $10 to Washington residents ($5 of which is refunded upon return of the number). There will be multiple races in Eastern WA this year that will be using WSBA numbers. If you have questions about the WSBA and the numbers please e-mail me.
2) Weather. People are often concerned that this race is too early in the season and it’s too cold. The Snake River Canyon is usually 10 degrees warmer than the Spokane and Pullman areas. Last year almost all competitors were in shorts for both races
3) Finally, please try and use the on-line registration for the race. Pictures from the 2010 TT can be found here at Cecil Williams site